Colt Top is the most popular selling anti downdraught cowl in the UK. Suitable for use on all fuels it prevents downdraught as well as keeping rain and birds out of your chimney.
Sold with Colt Cowl's 'Money Back Guarantee' (explained under the 'Description' tab) you simply cannot go wrong when purchasing this product.
*Please note this is a genuine Colt Top made by Colt Cowls. There are a number of lookalike/ copy products on the market which are inferior in quality and have not undergone the rigorous testing this product has*
- Suitable for all fuels (removing birdguard for solid fuels is recommended, due to the mesh being gas certified)
- Static anti downdraught cowl in aluminium and powder coated in terracotta. All strap fixings and birdguard are stainless steel as well as standard hook bolts also made from stainless steel.
- Tested and certified under new regulation BSEN 16475-7:2016 and BSEN-1856-1:2003
- Fully assembled
- No special tools required for installation
- Effective at solving downdraught problems when wind blows from any direction
- Unconditional Money Back Guarantee (explained under features)
- Withstands flue temperatures up to 200 degrees celsius
- 135mm (h) x 435mm (w)
- Suitable for up to 250mm internal - 300mm external. If your pot exceeds these measurements please consider using the Oversize Pot Adapter Flat (link below).
- Comes with rain gauge to effectively prevent rain ingress into your chimney
lt Tops work on the same principle as Colt Cowls but are more efficient as their rounded shape creates lift whichever direction the wind is blowing, eliminating downdraught. Rain drains help divert water outside the chimney pot. Colt Tops are available in Gas, All Purpose, and Trade models. The Colt Top All Purpose (brown) is the same as the Colt Top Gas (aluminium), but additionally has a painted finish which is highly resistant to corrosive fuels such as Coalite, Furnacite and Anthracite. It is suitable for all fuels, although as the mesh is gas certified, it is recommened that this is removed when this product is usedon solid fuel fires.
Colt Cowls have been market leaders in the production of chimney cowls since 1931. All Colt chimney cowls come with the following benefits:
- Highest quality chimney cowls available
- FREE next day delivery anywhere in mainland UK (if ordered before 1:00pm*)
- Highly competitive prices
- Technical back up from our expert sales team with over 80 years experience of making Colt Cowls
Because Colt Cowls have been making chimney cowls for 80 years, you can be sure our offer has stood the test of time! Most Colt Cowl products are manufactured from high quality aluminium alloy and stainless steel. Colt Cowl products have been designed to withstand normal operating temperatures in chimney flues up to 250°C. Since 1931, millions of Colt Cowl products have been installed. The Colt Cowl stamp can be found on products with individual packaging and it is your seal of quality and a symbol of what distinguishes Colt Cowls as the best quality chimney cowls on the market.
Money Back Guarantee
On certain products an unconditional Money Back Guarantee is offered. Experience has shown that only in isolated cases will our product range fail to solve the problem encountered. If, having installed the product correctly, the problem still remains, simply return the cowl to the place of purchase within a reasonable period of time, with full proof of purchase, for a full refund.
The MBG applies to all products with the MBG symbol displayed. The guarantee will not apply where a product has been subjected to temperature in excess of the recommended operating temperature and where excessive wind speeds are experienced, or where it can be shown unseasoned wood has been burnt. The offer does not affect your statutory rights.
*Excluding some parts of Scottish Postcode areas AB, FK, KW, PA, PH which may take 2-days. Please contact us for more information.